My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Someone turned 6

Wyatt turned 6 last month and BEGGED for an Army party.
I had a hard time finding camoflage decorations so I decided to go patriotic.
Here is his army cake. I managed to make a camoflage batter by adding green sugar to a yellow cake mix and then dropping heaping spoonfulls of green and chocolate batter together. It came out just right! The mound at the middle is a pile of cupcakes iced in green and topped with a helicopter. Wyatt went bananas over his cake!

 John and I put together M.R.E.s out of hot dogs, pretzels, string cheese, fruit snacks and bottled water for lunch.

Then we did a little boot camp and put the kids through an obstacle course.

Wyatt was desperate to have a gun battle but I told him I didn't think it was a good idea to run around shooting friends at a party. I asked everyone to bring a lovey and we pretended our little friends had been wounded in battle. We had to bandage them up in triage and carry them to safety through our last few obstacles. Some of the kids got rather carried away with the bandaging business.

Wyatt had a great day and said it was "THE BEST PARTY EVER!"
You are welcome little man!

0 comments: