My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Catching up

Rehearsals for my current show Frindle, didn't start until 4:00 every day. This gave me the opportunity to spend the day with the boys. I even managed to slip in a few naps with Wyatt. One afternoon both the boys fell asleep with me. When I woke up, I heard Devon calling for Devlyn. After a few minutes of calling I opened my eyes in time to see a flash go off in my bedroom. Devon stepped in to show me the picture she had just taken. Before the boys and I laid down for a nap, Devlyn had gotten herself in trouble. I called her in to sit in my room and then I must have fallen asleep. It seems Devlyn also fell asleep - under my bed...

A few weeks ago the weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was so nice outside that day, Devon and I decided to let the kids have a picnic lunch on the back deck. Less than 24 hours later, we had about 8-9 inches of show. It was nuts.

John and I have both been working till 10:00 or later the last week. In order to help the boys get to sleep, my folks let them lay down in our bed. I got home before John one evening and just slipped into bed with the boys. I was reading when John finally got in. He scooped up Jack and was heading for the boys' room when Jack mumbled "Is that you?" John said he got all choked up. He came back and scooped up Wyatt. As they headed off for the boys' room, Wy woke up and asked "Will you play patty-cake with me?"

0 comments: