My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

To the Dentist!

A few weeks ago, we took Jess to the Dentist because one of her teeth was hurting. Dentists like to bring adults back to the chair and show them exactly what is going on in a child's mouth, so Jack, Wyatt, Devlyn and I had a bird's eye view of the inside of Jess' mouth. I thought this just might be either the best thing or the worst thing in the world for these kids as it was about time for them to make their first trip to the dentist themselves. It turns out that it was probably the best thing I could have done for these 3 youngsters. Over the last few weeks we have been parading all 6 kids through the dentist's office for checkups, cleanings, exrays, fillings, discussions of braces etc. Jack and Wy finally had their appointments on Monday. They handled the whole thing terrifically! The dentist was very impressed with how well behaved everyone was. The ladies at the front desk know us all by name - and that is no easy feat when there are 6 kids and some combination of adults taking them in.

Now I'm sure the dental assistant thought I was a nut job taking pictures of my kids in the chair - but she doesn't know what all I share with y'all now does she?


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so grown up!
XOXO- Shan