My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

A less than stellar week...

Well, we had some rough times this week...


After school one afternoon this week Jack asked me to help him write a note. I helped him spell the name of the person he was writing to and then I got distracted. When I returned a few minutes later Jack had gotten as far as "I am sor" he needed help writing sorry. I helped him spell the word and asked what was going on. He let me know that he got into an argument with one of his friends at school over a toy and he told his friend "I'm not your friend anymore!" Before I jumped his case, I helped him finish his letter and we talked a little bit about saying things that hurt people's feelings.

A few days later Jack got into an argument with one of his cousins and he said "When I grow up, I'm going to get a gun and kill you." I was at work when this happened so I asked him to tell me about what happened. He refused to say anything. I finally asked why he wouldn't tell me what happened and he said he didn't want to say because he didn't want to go to his room. Well, he spent the evening in his room and before bedtime we talked again about saying things that are mean and hurtful.

The day after that Wyatt got mad at one of the girls and he flipped her the bird. I mean he used one hand to hold down all the fingers on his other had except ye olde middle finger. We had to have a little talk about how that is a hurtful and naughty thing to show to someone else. I know he doesn't know what it means, but he obviously knew it was a mean thing to do when you are upset with someone else...

And so it goes...
Wish us a better week.

0 comments: