My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Penguins

Bath time is always fun until it is time to wash the hair. We have finally gotten to the point where Jack is not afraid of having his hair washed, but Wyatt is still a battle. Wy is another story. He is worried about getting water in his face, but he is freaked out about getting water in his ears. We have a wonderful little thing called a shampoo rinse cup. (See the link for a picture) http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=442788

This thing really helps to keep the water out of their eyes - IF - and I mean if the kids cooperate. It doesn't help keep the water out of Wy's ears and today I had a revolutionary idea: I asked Jack to cover Wy's ears with his hands. Between the two of us we managed to wash Wy's hair with not one freak out moment. It was fantastic! Thanks, Jack!!! And thanks to Wy for trusting us with his eyes and ears!

The boys used to hate getting out of the bath until they discovered they could pretend to be penguins. We wrap them up in their towels and they squat down and waddle all the way down the hall to their bedroom - giggling the whole way...

It wasn't easy to get this picture - they waddle pretty fast and once they knew I was taking pictures, they rolled around on the floor and I had to delete all sorts of inappropriate photos...

0 comments: