My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

The Middle Name

The boys begrudgingly let me sleep in late today. This was extra-luxurious due to daylight savings. (Poor John had to be up and out the door by 7 yesterday and today as they are building, building, building A Christmas Carol: of course the design team couldn't be held to their deadlines so the shop is very behind, again.) Anyway, I got up to make the boys banana and honey french toast sandwiches. We were out of bananas so I had to make a change in the game plan. This was not good because the boys were already all over me about how hungry they were. My eye landed on some apples so I decided to make up an apple pie filling to put on top of the french toast. Delicious, but I thought the boys were going to drive me NUTS while I cored, peeled, cut and cooked up the apples. While I was washing the dishes after breakfast Mom & Jack were at the computer and had the following exchange:

Grandma: Here, Jack. You can get on the Thomas site.
Jack: No, Gammy, ve middle name is WEB. You know, Thomas WEB Site. (He spoke to her as if she were very slow and used his hand to punctuate each syllable.)

We took the boys to see Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible No Good, Very Bad Day this weekend. Jack told me his favorite part was when the dad fixed Alexander's Mickey Mouse Night Light. (Alexander has as I'm sure you can guess a really rough day which ends with his beloved night light burning out.)Jack then went on to list his other favorite moments in the play. He paused, I could see him thinking, then he said "And vose were my 1o favorite parts." Then he nodded once and left the room.

Earlier in the week the boys were playing in their room and Mom overheard Wy tell Jack "Well, you doesn't has to be rude to me, you know." (He didn't like that phrase off a tree. I can often be heard saying to any one of these 6 kids "You DON'T have to be rude.")

0 comments: