My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Feeding a village

Here at Owenland Park we serve up between 21 and 33 meals PER DAY depending on who is here. (Doesn't that qualify as feeding a small African village?) This meal count does not include afternoon or bedtime snacks for the youngsters.

Shortly after the girls joined our ranks last January we realized we needed a toaster. Actually, we realized we needed a double toaster. Mom picked up an inexpensive toaster that proved to be the bane of our morning existence. All 4 slots would work on the first go around. After that the slots on the left side would work IF and I repeat IF you could get the damned handle to stick in the "Please toast my frozen waffle" position. Often it would taunt you. You would THINK you had the handle engaged. You would step away from the toaster and POP - your still frozen waffles would pop up as if they had been toasted. You would then have to duke it out with this Toaster from Satan. You would push the handle down. It would pop up. Down, up, down, up, curse, shake, down, up, curse some more. I finally had enough. After multiple discussions about how much we HATED the Toaster from Hell, Mom picked up a Black and Decker SUV of a toaster from the Target. This thing has 8 different levels of toasting options, frozen and reheat options, a retractable cord and it even has removable crumb trays! Believe it or not, John just found a 5 CD changer on the backside! I'm going to look around for a pair of ear buds that I can plug into it so I can take it out when I jog. Don't be surprised if next August you receive an invitation to our Black and Decker's first birthday party. We love you Black and Decker toaster!!!


Love,
from Owenland Park

1 comments:

JHO said...

that's the funniest story I have ever read!