My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

I was watching that!

I managed to convince John to sit with all 6 of the kids at the Friday night show of Lucky Duck. Just before I sent the group into the house I was trying to explain the RULES to the kids when John noticed Wy was missing. After a few frantic moments, one of us looked inside the theatre to find that he had just let himself in, walked all the way around the stage and took a seat in the front row. I think he and Jack sort of feel like this place is home. Anyway, Wy had a great time and watched most of the show but he just couldn't be still - he spent a good portion of the show standing behind John either standing on one of John's hands or unknowingly putting John in a headlock.

The boys and Jess rode home with John after the show. John decided to treat them all to a little french fry treat from the McDonalds. At some point John realized that Wy was asleep for a good while. He reached over and took a french fry from Wy's little sack of fries at which point Wy became hysterical yelling and crying "Daddy! You stole my friench fries!" This reminds me of when I was growing up and Dad would be asleep on the couch "watching" something like M*A*S*H. One of us girls would change the channel and Dad would pop up with "I was watching that!"

Mel sent me a shot of Noah asleep in the car.

Jess stuck her tongue to the shelf in the freezer just to see what would happen. No one accused her of being very bright when this situation was discussed at the dinner table.

John and I came home from running errands. Wy was right there at the door to greet us with "Happy Birfday, Mommy! Happy Birfday, Daddy!" and a plate of cookies he had made with Jack and Gammy while we were out.

John and I had gone out to pick up pull ups. (I know, we were supposed to be in big boy pants but this is an area that Wy isn't letting me be the boss of.) Anyway, the K-mart was out of Wy's standard Dragon Tale pull ups so I grabbed a box of Diego pull ups. I thought for sure Wy would like them. Oh, silly mommy. Gammy was helping Wy get dressed this morning and he blatantly refused to wear the Diego pants. Every time she told him we didn't have any other pants he pathetically cried "Gammy, you are teasing meeeee!"

John and I had also picked up some inexpensive Thomas shirt/pants combos for the boys. They were THRILLED. Wy kept yelling "Mommy! Daddy! Fank you for borrowing vese cwose for me!" He couldn't quite understand that we bought the clothes. Both Jack and Wy insisted on keeping the oversized tags that we pulled off the outfits. The boys insist the tags are Thomas Tickets - like we are going to go somewhere, present the ticket and get something. Jack slept with his Thomas Ticket last night. Who sleeps with the tags they pull off their clothes? MY CHILDREN - that's who.

0 comments: