My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

OK. Paw-gize

Jessica discovered Devlyn and Wyatt playing with the landline phone downstairs. When they saw Jessica, they immediately tried to hide what they were doing. Jess took the phone from them and hit the redial button. It turns out Devlyn and Wyatt had dialled 911 and hung up. Then Jess called right back and was bumbling something about her cousins playing with the phone - the whole thing took her by surprise and she wasn't sure what to say. She gave the phone to her mother who tried to explain a situation she knew nothing about. She got it all straightened out.

Twenty minutes later she and Jess were loading the car for a family weekend trip to Alabama when someone tapped Jess on the shoulder. She turned around and came eye to eye with a police officer and freaked out. I'm sure it didn't look great that the police department had 2 phone calls from our location, and a flimsy excuse for the phone calls and when they come check up on us, we are loading the car full of bags...

Anyway - it is standard procedure to send 2 officers to the location when they recieve a 911 call. After talking with Devon and Jess for a few minutes, one of the officers left. The other officer sat in his car just a titch down the street from us. I have no idea if he was keeping an eye on us, if he was doing paperwork or if he was just waiting for his next call. Since he was sitting there for so long, I gathered up Wy and Devlyn. Devon and I hauled them across the street to apologize to the officer. (Here we are talking to the officer in his car. I'm sure he thought Jess was a nut job standing there and taking pictures and giggling like a teenager...) He talked to the kids about not calling the police unless you need them. I'm not sure if Wy 'got it' or not, he just kept saying "OK, paw-gize."

1 comments:

Doug said...

Owenland Park Productions never ceases to put a smile on my face. Thank you for letting us take a peek inside your world. :)