My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

KidsPlace 2010

John and I took the boys to KidsPlace this weekend. (Check out the link to Shutterfly below - you want the KidsPlace 2010 album.) It is a little museum at 63rd & Lackman. The museum part bored the kids to tears, but the play place at the end was well worth it. As you can see, they constructed a little city of sorts. In addition to what you see here, there is a boutique and a hospital - the boys weren't interested in playing in either of those locations. The did though spend a long time in the theatre, which John and I thought was too funny. You can see from the pictures that the theatre has a backstage - complete with props and costumes to use and wear for the production you present. There is a proper stage manager's station in the stage right wing complete with switches that actually control lights on stage. John and I were laughing so hard that one of the actors on stage had to step into the wing and whisper rather loudly to us "Um, you have to be -quiet- there is a perFORmance going on." This is when I lost it. I had to leave the theatre.

After the theatre was City Hall (Wyatt made some repairs to City Hall with a conveniently found hammer) and the Parks & Rec department complete with a fishing hole, golf course and wii. That's right - no park is now complete without a wii. Jack and I bowled on the wii before we (ha!) scooted on out as there were other kids waiting for the wii.

OK - that's it. Love and blessings and more soon.
me!

http://owenlandparkproductions.shutterfly.com/

0 comments: