My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

School Days - Jack's first day 2010

Click here to view these pictures larger


As excited as Jack was about going to school - he was less than excited about waking up. I had talked to him about the morning routine and what was expected of him - get up, put on your uniform, sox and shoes, get your back pack, water bottle and lunch box. It all went very well except Wyatt was having a fit about everything. He was uncooperative and immobile. I could not figure out what was going on with him until Mom whispered "It's his first day without Jack." Wow! I felt like an idiot. I promised him that the two of us would do something special as soon as we dropped off the kids at school. He wanted to know what we were going to do. I wasn't about to tell him because I knew he would immediately go tell the other kids. Well, he went and told the other kids "Mommy and I are going to do thomething thpethial." I'm glad I didn't tell him I was going to get him a donut - the other kids would have had a meltdown!

We managed to get out of the house and to school without any further trauma AND we were on time! As promised, I took Wy to Dunkin Donuts. He asked for a donut with blue and green sprinkles. They only had donuts with multicolored sprinkles. I gave him his donut with an explanation about the sprinkles and you would have thought Thomas the Tank Engine had simply vanished from the face of the Earth. Wy finally agreed to eat his "ugly" donut but he only ate the top half, you know, the part with the icing and sprinkles. He gave the bottom part back to me, you know, the part with no icing which looked like a rat had been gnawing on it...

The kids only had a half day so Wy and I picked them up at lunchtime. Everyone had a great day. Jack said his favorite thing was getting to play Spiderman at the park. I can only assume he meant the playground during recess. Well, the whole first week went very well. I don't know about the girls, but Jack is looking forward to next week. He woke up this morning and diligently got himself dressed for the day. He came downstairs wearing his uniform and ready for breakfast. We told him he doesn't have school on Saturday he said "That's just silly."

0 comments: