My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Daddy Doll

When I was little, I desperately wanted to get my ears pierced. One day I sat on my daddy's lap, twirled a hank of his hair in my fingers, batted my long little girl eyelashes at him and said "PLEASE Daddy-Doll?" Needless to say, I got my ears pierced.

Jack has heard me tell this story and a time or two I have whispered to him to call my dad Poppy-Doll. In his desire for a yummy lunch from Olde MacDonald's and in the tradition of a 5 year old mixing their metaphors, this is what Jack said to my dad yesterday....

Please O' Mac Daddy Doll?

Picture, if you will, my father. Now think of him as O' Mac Daddy Doll.

0 comments: