My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Duck Tape

Jordan (the daughter of my friend, Jolie) made a bouquet of beautiful flowers like these (hers are much prettier) for her mama for Mother's Day. Can you believe they are made of duct tape? I told my mama about the flowers and she picked up a few rolls and some pens for us to experiment with at home.


We made up mini bouquets for Abby & Connie's teachers. They loved their pens so much that we made up more mini bouquets for the girls to take in to the principal and the school secretary. Jess wants us to make them up for all of her teachers except for Mr. Math teacher. And Devon has claimed 2 for work. In other words, these pens are a big hit. (Don't tell anyone, but I made a few out of black and white gaff tape - this was much harder than duct tape - for work.)

Anyway, I was busy fixing dinner one night this week. While my attention was on vegetables, Wy managed to get the tape down off the shelf and start building his theatre - he says "my fee-ter". Look how he stacked them. I can't believe he did this all by himself and kept the whole thing balanced. Great job Wyatt!!!

Then, as children will do, he swept out his arm and knocked them all down while I was taking pictures.

0 comments: