My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Random Threads

John bought a bunch of flowers from the JP2 flower sale this spring. He picked up his order this week and stepped outside with the boys last night to give them all a drink. (Please take note of the shorts with boots fashion statement my two youngsters are making - its the new look this summer fellas.)



Jack has a love/hate relationship with the movie Thomas and the Magic Railway. For the most part, he loves it, but then Diesel 10 comes on and Jack just can't handle that. He doesn't want to stop watching the movie though. He has found a clever way to watch the parts he likes and hide for the parts he doesn't like.



John had some random scraps of Oak and African Padauk that he glued together and lathed down into tops for the boys. John took a picture of them while they were spinning. Isn't it cool how they spun so fast it looks like they are balanced on the points?! Great job on the tops!



BIG news - John has been smoke free for 1 1/2 weeks. He has been on Chantix, which has made the transition much easier for him. I know he has tried to keep it low key - that's my John, ya know. But I'm so very proud of him! Keep him in your good thoughts!

Jack has also broken a habit - he decided to stop biting his nails. He bites them way down intot he nail bed, he chews on the skin below the cuticles - it is just a mess. About 2 weeks ago, he looked at me and told me he was going to quit. And he did. I'm super proud of him too!

Earlier in the week I called Wyatt "Sassafrass". He looked at me and said "I am not a Frass-a-wass! Don't call me vat naughty word!"

I think that's it for today.
Love and blessings!

0 comments: