My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Gone Fishin'

Shannon sent the boys fishing poles a while back and John has finally broken them open. Jack was so excited about fishing that he overcame his fear of snakes in the yard so he could practice casting his line. The practice session did not end outside. The boys came in the house to show me how good they had gotten in their 20 minute session. Jack thinks he is a fly fisherman though he does have very good aim. It concerns me because he keeps casting his line towards the china cabinet... John and I have decided that Wy may have to fish in a boat in the middle of a lake because he can't seem to release his line in front of his body. No matter how hard John and Wy work on it, Wy continually casts his line behind himself when he preps for what should be the cast...



Here is our young man - he is so proud of his fishing 'license'. (This is the little fold out set of instructions/illustrations that came with the fishing pole. It depicts various fish and details how to cast a line properly.)


This is what the inside of his "license" looks like...


John has picked up some new fishing gear so it looks like it won't be long before my fellas head out to the pond up the street. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: