My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Mother's Day: Stone Lion Puppets

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! and Happy Mother's Day to my lovely Mama friends!

The kids here at Owenland Park participated in their first (for most of them)play this weekend! They volunteered to be fish (and a flower) in Stone Lion Puppets production of Pirates of Pollution, an outdoor puppet show of ginormous proportions in honor of Mother Earth.

The kids attended a rehearsal Saturday afternoon and from what I have been told, as soon as they stepped out of the car, Wy declared he didn't want to be a fish - he wanted to be a turtle. He was then assigned the role of a fish in a school of fish. He was ok with this until he saw the great big turtle out on the water - then he was done. Well, John tells me Wy was really done when the ginormous Heron came to 'eat' the fish!

The performance was today at Brush Creek in front of the Nelson here in KC. It was so cold today...but the puppets were great and the kids were great too. It was a lovely Mother's Day presentation.

If you want, you can go over to my sidebar - under Linky Dinks, click on Shutterfly - and then select the Pirates of Pollution album. You can play a little slideshow to watch a bit of rehearsal, preshow and the performance.

Have a blessed Mother's Day!
The gang at Owenland Park

0 comments: